A yummy, easy and super flavorful dinner meal! Grilled chicken bursting with salty, sweet, tangy flavors serve with grilled pineapple on a bed of coconut rice. Save well as leftovers and perfect for meal prep as well!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Marinate time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 3 people
- Calories: 879kcal
- ~1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins 7-8 pieces
- 1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
- Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinate. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!).
- Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or non-stick skillet.
- Cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
- Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.
- On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~17-20 minutes (See Note 1). Remove from heat.
- If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.
- Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Note 1: Different stoves and pots heat up at different rate, cook time may vary.
Also note that cup measurements for the rice is based on a U.S. cup measurement, not the measuring cup that typically comes with the rice cooker.
Calories: 879kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1517mg | Potassium: 1339mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 4mg