Grilled Salsa Verde Pepper Jack Chicken – The EASIEST salsa verde marinade keeps this chicken so juicy and tender!! Melted pepper Jack cheese on top takes an already awesome piece of chicken and makes it that much BETTER!!
- prep time 5 MINUTES
- cook time 10 MINUTES
- additional time 30 MINUTES
- total time 45 MINUTES
- YIELD: 4
- 1 1/2 pounds thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had 4 breasts)
- 12 ounces salsa verde (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese, or as desired
- fresh cilantro finely minced, optional for garnishing
- lime wedges, optional for serving
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add all ingredients except the cheese and cilantro, seal, and smoosh around to evenly coat chicken. Place bag in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.
- Lightly oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, place chicken on grill, and grill for about 5 minutes on the first side with lid closed, flip and cook for about 4 minutes on the second side with lid closed, or until chicken is cooked through
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add one slice of cheese to the top of each chicken breast, or as necessary, close the lid, and wait for about 1 minute, or until cheese has melted.
- Optionally garnish with cilantro and optionally serve with lime wedges. Chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.